I’m a wife, mother, and photographer; and bohemian at heart. Chasing light and capturing beauty within the mess we call life.
My husband, children and I relocated from my hometown of Panama City, Florida to St. Joseph, Michigan in 2013 and we immediately fell in love with this charming little town we now call home.
I have always enjoyed snapping pictures but began taking Photography seriously after my first child was born in 2008. After a year-long internship for two very talented photographers, I worked with them for a short time before officially starting my own photography business in 2011. When my husband got a new job which moved us to Michigan, I was pregnant with my third child and used the timing of the move as an opportunity to take a break from running a business. After a few years of calling photography “just a hobby”, I decided I was ready to dive back into the business. I missed it and I am so happy to be back! I love to work with natural light and my passion for capturing a person embracing his or her beautiful personality goes beyond my vocabulary.
Other Random Facts About Me
- One of my favorite things to do is dance, whether I’m in the dance studio or my kitchen.
- I love dark chocolate, black coffee, and dry wine.
- I’m a health nut and a pescatarian.
- I like to cook.
- I love to paint.
- I fall deeply in love with nearly every person I photograph.
- My husband and I have 3 kids plus we host foreign exchange students during the school year.
- My house is almost always a total mess, the laundry never ends and the little people always want to eat!
- I wish I was a fairy.
Digital Camera: Canon 5D Mark II
Lenses: 50mm f/1.4, 17-40mm f/4, 85mm f/1.8, 70-200mm f/2.8
Flash: 2 Yongnuo YN600EX-RT Speedlites and 1 Transmitter
Film Cameras: Canon AE-1 (1979) and Kodak Duaflex III
Other: 5-in-1 Collapsible Reflector Disc, Ring flash attachment, White Translucent Umbrella, Bounce Umbrella, Umbrella holder and Various tripods
“If I could tell the story in words,
I wouldn’t need to lug around a camera. ”
– Lewis Wickes Hine