I’m a wife, mother and photographer; and bohemian at heart. My husband, children and I relocated from my home town of Panama City, Florida to St. Joseph, Michigan in 2013 and we immediately fell in love with this charming little town we now call home. I love to work with natural light and my passion for capturing a person embracing his or her beautiful personality goes beyond my vocabulary.
I have always enjoyed snapping pictures but began taking Photography seriously after my first child was born in 2008. After a year-long internship for two very talented photographers, I worked with them for a short time before officially starting my own photography business in 2011. When my husband got a new job which moved us to Michigan, I was pregnant with my third child and took the timing of the move as an opportunity to take a break from running a business. After three years of calling photography “a hobby”, I decided I was ready to dive back in to the business. I missed it and I am so happy to be back!
Other Random Facts About Me
- My husband, Jason, and I got married in April 2003. We have 3 children: Maxwell (Max), born October 2008; Cooper, born April 2011; and Juniper, born July 2013
- One of my favorite things to do is dance, whether I’m in the dance studio or my kitchen.
- I love dark chocolate, black coffee and dry wine.
- I’m a health nut and a pescatarian.
- I like to cook.
- I love to paint.
- My house is almost always a total mess, the laundry never ends and the little people always want to eat!
- I wish I was a fairy.
Digital Camera: Canon 5D Mark II
Lenses: 50mm f/1.4, 17-40mm f/4, 85mm f/1.8, 70-200mm f/2.8
Flash: 2 Yongnuo YN600EX-RT Speedlites and 1 Transimtter
Film Cameras: Canon AE-1 (1979) and Kodak Duaflex III
Other: 5-in-1 Collapsible Reflector Disc, Ring flash attachment, White Translucent Umbrella, Bounce Umbrella, Umbrella holder and Various tripods
“If I could tell the story in words,
I wouldn’t need to lug around a camera. ”
– Lewis Wickes Hine